Monday, 16 June 2014
Defend Council Housing ;Lewisham Branch.
Lewisham Defend Council Housing will be calling a public meeting to meet and discuss what can be done locally to promote and defend affordable social housing.
Wednesday 18th June
6.30pm - 8pm
Cafe No. 178, New Cross Road (5 mins from New Cross Gate station)
Agenda items (more items more than welcome)
· Raise awareness about issues which constrain house building - local council borrowing cap and the historic issue of rents taken by central government via housing revenue account (see: http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/dch/resources/HOCCHG_TimeToInvest3.pdf)
· How we can constructively lobby the council to ensure it delivers on its social housing election promises.
· Raising awareness about the for-profit trend we see in Housing Associations and the definition of “affordable” housing. (see:http://lewishamdefendcouncilhousing.tumblr.com/post/86702136274/l-q-where-housing-associations-are-heading)
· Discuss activity around the large developments and lack of affordability, e.g. Convoys Wharf and Deptford Project.
· Building connections with tenants and tenant associations across Lewisham.
· The 'Defend Council Housing' manifesto meeting, 28th June.
Find us on twitter at https://twitter.com/LewishamDCH and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07729452319